65th Annual International Association of Emergency Managers Conference & EMEX (IAEM)
The 65th Annual International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM) will be held November 10-15, 2017 in Long Beach, California. This year's theme - Navigating a Journey with the Whole Community - will focus on lessons learned, new technology, collaborative practices, and new and emerging norms.
The IAEM will provide an opportunity to learn and share innovative ideas and important information on professional practices and issues, and to network with experts and peers. Plenary speakers include Dr. Lori Peek from the Natural Hazards Center and Dan Thurmon from Motivation Works.
The event is held in conjunction with the Emergency Management & Homeland Security Expo (EMEX). The EMEX brings together the latest technological advances and disaster preparedness suppliers. More information on reserving a booth can be found here.
- Emergency management decision-makers
- Homeland security officials
- Local, state, federal, NGO, tribal, military and private sector emergency managers
- Business continuity planners
- First responder coordinators
- Medical/hospital emergency managers
- Private sector industry risk managers
- Contingency planners
- University/college emergency managers
- Educators in the field of emergency management/homeland security
- Elected officials involved in disaster planning
Registration opening in June 2017.