Earthquake: Public and private roles for risk mitigation and response - Workspace event of the World Economic Forum annual meeting 2011
This Davos Workspace cross-industry WEF Partners Session with Financial Services and Engineering & Construction industries and Civil Society will explore what happens when an earthquake strikes an urban centre:
A broad section of stakeholders is assembled to respond to the disaster, including government, business, the UN and Red Cross, and civil society. The clock is ticking and the stakeholders need to make best use of all the combined resources available.
- What are the immediate and long-term needs in the different phases of a disaster?
- How can the private sector take a more active, joined-up role in all phases of disaster management?
- What would this combined stakeholder framework look like for risk mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery?
Session participants will include:
- Ernesto Cordero Arroyo, Secretary of Finance of Mexico
- Bekele Geleta, Secretary-General, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), Geneva
- Unni Karunakara, President, Médecins Sans Frontières International, Switzerland
- Michel M. Liès, Chairman, Global Partnerships, Swiss Re, Switzerland
John Kao, Chairman and Founder, Institute for Large Scale Innovation, USA
Is this page useful?Yes No Report an issue on this page
Thank you. If you have 2 minutes, we would benefit from additional feedback (link opens in a new window).