International recovery forum 2011: pre-disaster recovery planning for building back better
Hyogo Kobe Portopia Hotel
The International Recovery Platform (IRP) is mandated to address gaps in recovery issues. The International Recovery Forum 2011 aims to highlight the importance of pre-disaster recovery planning in response to the recommendations of the governments during the International conference on DRR in Shanghai, China, 27-29 July 2010.
The Forum will also:
- Present experiences and lessons from recent recovery operations
- Discuss experiences and lessons on Pre-Disaster Recovery Planning and urban reconstruction
- Organize an "Orientation on Recovery" among stakeholders
- Showcase IRP tools for post-disaster recovery.
The Forum will provide:
- A review of benefits and options of pre-disaster recovery palnning
- Key lessons from recent recovery operations and the applications of learnings for the next disaster
- An outcome document (Guidance on pre-disaster planning for governments) that synthesizes the key messages and recommendations from presentations, group reports, panel discussions from the Forum and othe key documents. The outcome document will be presented at the Global Platform 2011 as one of the IRP knowledge products.