International Recovery Forum 2016
Hotel Okura Kobe, Hyogo
Background and objective:
“IRP’s International Recovery Forum 2016” intends to reflect the guidance from the Sendai Framework on how to ‘Build Back Better’ and explore strategies and action for localization at the national and community levels. It will be held on January 26, 2016 at Hotel Okura in Kobe, Hyogo, Japan.
The discussions will revolve around the following areas:
- Experiences in ‘Build Back Better’;
- Development continuity planning; and
- Messages on ‘Build Back Better’
The IRP Forum shares knowledge and information on strategies and experience where risk-informed development and development continuity planning have not only minimized the impacts of disaster events but also led to quicker recovery times and effective reconstruction through ‘Build Back Better’ - a recovery process leading to a more resilient development path.
The Forum is expected to achieve the following objectives:
- Explore knowledge and understanding of ‘build back better’ in recovery, rehabilitation, and reconstruction” through sharing of country experiences
- Spread emerging ideas and initiatives on development continuity planning
- Determine messages and trends from countries and partners on build back better based on their experiences
All participants are required to register via e-mail at email@example.com by submitting their Name, Address, Phone Number, and e-mail address