World Reconstruction Conference 2
The second World Reconstruction Conference (WRC 2) will build upon the success and outcomes of the first WRC held at Geneva in May, 2011 and will build consensus on resilient recovery as an imperative to sustainable development and poverty reduction. WRC 2 will be a unique opportunity to advance the resilient recovery agenda and inform the development of post-2015 framework on disaster risk reduction (HFA2) to be adopted at the World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction in March, 2015 in Japan. The conference will also feature a global launch of a joint EU-UN-World Bank Post-Disaster Needs Assessment (PDNA) Guide and Disaster Recovery Framework (DRF) Guide, as well as 10 country case studies.
Organized by the Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR) in collaboration with World Bank Group, European Union, UNDP and other development partners, the WRC 2 will focus on
- The link between recovery and poverty;
- Empowering communities for recovery that is inclusive and participatory;
- Good practice for recovery in fragile and conflict situations; and,
- Country experiences in post-disaster recovery and reconstruction.
- Political Economy of Recovery
- Making Recovery Efficient and Effective
- Building Back Smarter
- Empowering Communities for Inclusive Recovery
- Greening Recovery
- Technical Innovations in Recovery
- Recovery in Conflict and Fragile situations
- Role of Recovery in Bridging Humanitarian and Development Efforts
There will also be a global launch of a joint EU-UN-World Bank Post-Disaster Needs Assessment (PDNA) Guide and Disaster Recovery Framework (DRF) Guide, as well as10 country case studies