This week’s Manchester Briefing details some COVID-19 topics that are being worked on across three research areas: Communities; Systems; Recovery, Renewal, Resilience Frameworks. The briefing summarises six research topics and details how these aim to enhance understanding of Recovery, Renewal, Resilience in the context of COVID-19. The brief also share lessons from:
- Vietnam – disaster-responsive social protection;
- Canada – tax-credits and other volunteer incentive programmes;
- Ireland – recovery of tourism;
- UK – Recovery and Renewal of town centres;
- United Nations – investment in universal health coverage;
- OECD – infrastructure investment;
- Tonga – climate change adaption strategies;
- USA – deliberative processes for recovery.
The case study spotlights a live research study which aims to learn from voluntary community response during the pandemic.