This action plan was developed in response to the devastating earthquake that struck Nepal in April 2015. It contains 40 action points, with some of the most crucial being:
- Constructing temporary emergency shelters for earthquake-affected senior citizens, single women, sick, pregnant and new mothers, the disabled, and other vulnerable populations.
- Providing the children who have lost their guardians/parents in the earthquake and those who are rendered homeless with shelters and free education.
- Classifying the affected population to ease providing them with necessary facilities.
- Making necessary arrangements for providing the affected farmers with free seeds and subsidies for fertilizers, and to exempt affected farmers from taxes.
- Conducting a review of the National Building Code, 2060, and ensuring its effective enforcement.
- Undertaking a review of the land-use policy.
- Dismantling the cracked structures that pose dangers, and ensuring that builders are allocated fees equivalent to the cost of dismantling structures built in violation of building codes.
- Building a memorial for those who have lost their lives in the earthquake. Recognizing and rewarding the public servants, organizations and individuals who have done praiseworthy jobs.
Also featured on