National Tornado Summit
This summit will look at disaster response, mitigation, preparedness and recovery in the context of tornadoes. Topics include engineering perspectives of disaster management, tornado losses then and now, dealing with chronic flooding, El Niño’s effect on tornadoes, legislative impacts on insurance, business resilience, tornado shelters, and communicating weather threats.
In addition, the summit serves as a national forum for insurance professionals and regulators as well as international, national and state experts to exchange ideas and recommend new policies to improve emergency management.
Summit highlights include:
NB: February 29, 2016: Pre-Conference Bus Tours: National Weather Center, Emergency Operations Center
- A two-day tradeshow that connects you to valuable resources, services, and products
- General sessions with presentations on Crisis & Disaster Communications, Business & Home Safety, Disaster Stress, and Reinsurance
- Over 25 breakout sessions featuring international, national, and state experts
- Continuing education credits for insurance professionals
- Tour of the National Weather Center in Norman, OK
|Early Bird (Before 4 Dec, 2015)||$225||N/A||N/A|
|Standard (5 Dec, 2015 - 29 Jan 2016)||$275||$149||$59|
Further registration information can be found through the event website.