- Documents and publications
Middle East and North Africa climate roadmap (2021-2025): Driving transformational climate action and green recovery in MENA
The Middle East & North Africa Climate Roadmap will bring climate and development together by adopting an economy-wide, whole of government approach to strengthen institutions, overcome barriers to private sector engagement, foster regional integration – while ensuring that no one is left behind. Countries in the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) must accelerate system-wide transformations and develop long-term pathways to build low-carbon, resilient societies, promote inclusive development, peace and stability in the region.
The Roadmap articulates regional and country specific transformational pathways to build low-carbon, resilient societies while promoting socially inclusive economic growth, that account for people, nature and partners. The roadmap has the following outline:
- Climate change context in MENA
- Four transformation areas for a climate-smart future in MENA
- Building on a strong foundation and principles for climate-smart development
- Implementation, partnerships and summary of key actions