Post-disaster needs assessment guidelines: Volume B - Gender
The Post-disaster needs assessment (PDNA) Guidelines have been developed to provide technical support to practitioners as they plan for and implement the needs assessment and design the recovery framework. Volume A provides a general overview of the PDNA framework and process. Volume B provides sector-specific guidance for all the sectors that could potentially be covered by a PDNA, depending on the context and the scale of the disaster.
Gender has been identified as an important cross-cutting issue in PDNAs. This document covers the following steps:
- Assessment process;
- Pre-disaster situation;
- Assessment of disaster effects;
- Estimating the value of the effects of the disaster;
- Assessment of disaster impact;
- Cross-sectoral linkages including cross-cutting issues;
- The sector recovery strategy.
This PDNA volume is available in English, French, and Russian.