Disability inclusive disaster recovery: Guidance note
This Guidance Note provides action-oriented guidance for government officials and decision-makers with responsibility for post-disaster recovery and reconstruction. The guidance will enable the development of disability-inclusive planning and programming across sectors and government. The Note is expected to be of interest to wider government and non-government actors, including Disabled People’s Organizations (DPOs), concerned with inclusive recovery. The Note is organized around the following topics:
- Key principles for disability-inclusive recovery;
- Disability data for Post Disaster Needs Assessment and inclusive recovery;
- Enabling policies and legislation for disability-inclusive recovery;
- Institutional mechanisms for inclusive recovery;
- Financing mechanisms; and
- Implementation arrangements.
Is this page useful?Yes No Report an issue on this page
Thank you. If you have 2 minutes, we would benefit from additional feedback (link opens in a new window).