- Documents and publications
Tracking public investments for disaster reduction and recovery
United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction
Number of pages
This working paper analyses the objectives and rationale of tracking public investments on disaster risk reduction (DRR). The document also looks into the methodologies adopted for tracking public investments for various cross-cutting issues and reviews case studies on tracking public investments on DRR in different regions and countries.
The author proposes a six-fold process of mainstreaming of DRR into development:
- identification of the existing systems, processes, schemes and programmes in each sector that can have a potential role for risk reduction;
- review of how such role is being performed at present;
- analysis of the shortcomings and critical gaps;
- prescription of how such gaps can be addressed within the framework of the systems and processes;
- suggestion of changes in the systems or processes by way of additions, amendments or revisions that can optimally utilise the available resources;
- evaluation of the impact of these changes.
This document is an input paper of the 2015 Global Assessment Report on Disaster Risk Reduction.
Also featured on
Country & Region